Cooperative Learning for Language Arts Book 1
Secondary English (Years 7-12)
Do you want your English/Language Arts classes to bustle with engagement? Do you want your students to be active, ask and answer questions, explore literature at a deeper level, and quiz each other on vocabulary? Here’s your solution. In this two-book series, you will find powerful cooperative learning strategies to make your secondary English curriculum come alive. Plus, you’ll receive tons of ready-made activities and blackline masters designed that you can use tomorrow in your classroom. Receive activities on: figurative language, literary terms, Latin root words, prefixes, suffixes, text types, idioms, characterisation, homophones, parts of speech, and more. You’ll find 8 Kagan Cooperative Learning Structures presented throughout this book. The structures were selected because they are particularly good for teaching and learning English content. Following each structure are a number of activities and resource pages to use with the structure. Activities to boost reading comprehension and secondary literature selections such as The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, The Pearl, A Tale of Two Cities, Julius Caesar, Romeo & Juliet. All the work of creating highly-engaging activities on your subject has been done for you!
- Abounding with 190 ready-to-use blacklines and activities that you can use tomorrow in your classroom
- Designed to meet and exceed the National Curriculum standards
- Cooperative activities encourage students to be active, ask and answer questions, explore literature at a deeper level and quiz each other on vocabulary
- Interactive activities for teams and pairs
- Superb step-by-step Kagan Structures for English/Language Arts