Brain Friendly Teaching
Tools, Tips & Structures (All Grades) A Teacher Resource
Become a brain-friendly teacher! Put the power of brain research and theory to work in your classroom. Your students will learn more, learn more quickly, retain and recall more and like learning more. Dr. Kagan’s extensively-researched book distils the world of brain science into 6 essential principles that will align your teaching with how your students’ brains naturally learn. For each of the 6 brain-based principles, you will find practical tools, tips and structures to easily make the leap from theory to practice. Teaching is so much easier and more successful when you do it the brain-friendly way. 512 pages.
- 27 Brain-Friendly Kagan Instructional Strategies to Make Learning Come Alive!
- 60 Research-Based Tools to Transform Brain Science into Good Teaching!
- The Most Extensively Referenced Book on Brain-Friendly Teaching over 1,000 References!
Loaded With Terrific Tips
- To promote performance, celebrate or praise before performance. To cement memory, celebrate or praise after performance
- Allow yourself to be silly with your students from time to time
- Practice progressive muscle relaxation with your class and use the technique before big tests or other times of high stress
Table of Contents
- Principle 1: Nourishment
- Principle 2: Safety
- Principle 3: Social
- Principle 4: Emotion
- Principle 5: Attention
- Principle 6: Stimuli