Complaints Handling Policy
While most complaints should be resolved informally with the relevant employee, there are provisions for the use of formal procedures depending on the nature and seriousness of the complaint.
Objectives – Policy statement
1. Kagan Australia seeks to resolve difficulties, grievances and complaints in a prompt, impartial and just manner.
Audience and applicability
2. All Kagan Australia staff.
3. The Directors of Kagan Australia have certain responsibilities and functions which include ensuring dealings with clients and customers are efficient and effective. This policy is one tool to assist in meeting these requirements. The specific legislative provisions that apply are:
- The NSW Office of the Director of Equal Opportunity in Public Employment Policy and Guidelines’ Dealing with Employee Work-related Concerns and Grievances states that the NSW Government requires public agencies to achieve and maintain workplaces that foster productive and harmonious working environments and where work related concerns or grievances are managed promptly, impartially and justly.
- The National Code of Good Practice for Responding to Complaints about Vocational and Education Training Quality – Australian Department of Education, Science and Training details the rights of education and training clients to the principles of fairness, accessibility, transparency, responsiveness, accountability and constructiveness.
4. Legislative Provisions:
- Anti-Discrimination Act 1977
- Work Health & Safety Act 2011
- Ombudsman Act 1974
- Protected Disclosures Act 1994
- Public Sector Employment and Management Act 2002
Responsibilities and delegations
5. The Directors of Kagan Australia are responsible for the effective management of
complaints and allegations.
6. All staff need to be aware of their responsibility and act in a manner which promotes a
productive and harmonious working environment.
Monitoring and evaluation
The Directors of Kagan Australia are responsible for monitoring and evaluating the operation
of this policy within their area of responsibility.
Director, Kagan Australia 02 49824511 or email firstname.lastname@example.org