Objectives - Policy statement
1. Kagan Australia rejects all forms of discrimination. We are
committed to the elimination of discrimination – including direct and
indirect, vilification and harassment – in our organisation, structures
and culture, in our professional learning courses, and in the learning
and working environments for which it is responsible.
2. No course participant, customer, employee, community member, should experience discrimination within the learning or working environments of our organisation.
3. Eradicating expressions of discrimination in learning and working environments, and challenging the attitudes that allow them to emerge, is the shared responsibility of all staff of Kagan Australia.
4. All staff contribute to the eradication of discrimination by promoting acceptance of Australia's cultural, linguistic and religious diversity, challenging prejudiced attitudes and ensuring that sanctions are applied against racist and discriminatory behaviours.
Audience and applicability
5. The policy applies to all staff employed by Kagan Australia.
6. The NSW Anti-Discrimination Act (1977) along with the Commonwealth
Racial Discrimination Act (1975) makes discrimination and vilification
illegal in New South Wales. These Acts provide the legislative context
and foundation for the Anti-Discrimination Policy of Kagan Australia
Teacher Professional Learning.
7. The Complaints Handling Policy Guidelines establish the standard approach to resolving complaints about discrimination that is required to be used in all learning and working environments of Kagan Australia.
Responsibilities and delegations
8. The Directors of Kagan Australia are responsible for ensuring the
implementation and monitoring of the policy so that discrimination does
not occur in our practices
9. All staff are responsible for monitoring their own behaviour to ensure that it does not result in anyone experiencing discrimination.
Monitoring, and evaluation
10. The Directors of Kagan Australia will monitor:
- the number of complaints actually resolved, and
- methods used to resolve complaints.
12. Director, Kagan Australia 02 4982451102 49824511 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out about our accrediation status and how our trainers are certified by Kagan USA. Meet the trainers and be assured that we have policies that support you as a participant and customer of Kagan Australia.